Wednesday, August 8, 2012

(I should be) Riding On That Train To San Antone---

This wasn't supposed to be a blogging night. Some quiet time was scheduled. But then rock n roll news flashed across the teletype here at the massive Milkshake Blog news bunker and the 'social media news machines' went into spasms so I had to check-in. ...............And Yes............. ........It is true.................. ..............You've maybe already caught wind................ ...............THE MONKEES............... are going to perform 12 shows later this year in honor of their fallen little monk Davy. Here is the tour promo art with published dates straight off their monkees.net website. They start in Cali Nov 8., move thru the midwest, incl a stop in Chicago Nov. 16, and end in NYC Dec 2. On their website, there is a note from Mike explaining that he will join Peter and Mickey along with their back-up band for this tour. I'm sure that over on WLS FM 94.7 'the dickster' aka my favorite DJ legend, Dick Biondi, the wild I-tralian, (on from 11 pm-2am cst) will mention it tonight on his radio show. Give him a listen. I've posted one of the Monkees great 60s tunes called 'What Am I Doing Hangin Round?' I like how Mickey is screwing around in the background of the song waving bye-bye. He's funny. Here's some random trivia in case you like random trivia. Did you know the Monkees outsold both The Beatles and The Stones combined in, I think, 1965? Also, when the Monkees toured, they used a left-handed guitarist to open for them who was little-known but was totally off-the-wall incredible and getting his big break. His name?....I'm not kidding about this kids....Jimi Hendrix! Yeah! I know! Shut up, right? Go look it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment