Sunday, August 5, 2012

Quiet Night Quiet Star

If you haven't already been, go here: http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/index.cfm later today around 5 pm cst to get the latest NASA/JPL live news all about Curiosity; then later tonight starting around 10:30 pm cst stay up til touchdown about 12:15 am for the Mars landing commentary. Last night was tweet-tastic except it was jammed and jammin over on https://twitter.com/MarsCuriosity/with_replies. I'm sure it'll be cookin tonight too as well. One really fun moment was when physicist and cool dude Neil Tyson (I have his book so I'm, by osmosis, halfway cool) was tweeting with Curiosity scientists live. Very hip in a nerdy neato way. Extra-funny-coincidentally-cool--he just happened to have a cameo on a Big Bang Theory rerun episode just a little while earlier on TBS. I invited a few JPL scientists to the Milkshake and also Neil. Looks like a good crowd swept the blog last night and today. Thanks for the texts too. My twitter is trb4320 in case you are looking for me over there. This morning there was a Q&A on JPL with a Mars Curiosity team scientific panel and I posed a question from the Milkshake Blog on whether there was a video camera taking descent film of the landing tonight. (I already know they have a cam taking descent stills.) But the line of questions was so long I got tired of waiting for mine to be answered and had to go eat lunch. So I don't know if it was answered or not. Oh well. (I was hungry for gosh sakes!) As the countdown to Curiosity's big moment far up above us rolls closer I decided to lay something nice n calm n cool from a person who's described as an angel come to earth, a talent that comes along maybe every thousand years or so, if ever. Here's Stan doing Corcovado. Chill back. Let Stan wash you clean. Dream about the night, the stars, and what it would be like to be flying with Curiosity down to Mars' surface tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment