Saturday, August 4, 2012

wich-yer-baa-sef

Amidst all the hot news in the world (Olympics, politics and of course 24 hours to Curiosity landing on Mars....) the Milkshake has it's own fish to fry. We try to hone our sense to suit the fine tastes of you bloggers out there who require a specialized mix of music/science/pop/culture/fun/nonsense/and esoteric bolderdash. Was that well-said? Here are two tidbits of note for a Saturday night; along with a musical softie for your lighthearted evening's listening, courtesy of the Hues Corporation (any band with 'corporation' in its name is gonna be awesome, you know it is). One) The Voyager 1 spacecraft, noted today by NASA, has shown signs that it may be finally leaving the "bow shock" area of our solar system and beginning it's foray out into interstellar space. As of about a week ago, sensors on the ship showed datum that represented it has left a certain region and entered a distinctly different region. In other words a boundary has been breached out there. JPL scientists are noncommital so far to declare officially but I hold no such reluctance. Let me be the first on the planet to say outloud we have reached interstellar space. Humanity Has Left The Building! (That's all I got so far. My script writers are out on the town tonight.) Two) Are you much for these reality shows? There are tons of them. I sorta like the sniping gang on storage wars and the way they all try not to get "out yupped" n all that but I really grin at Lizard Lick. It's over on truTV on Sundays and late Monday night. Ride along with Ronny and Bobby and watch the fun. The goofy, goofy fun. The only thing that ties Lizard Lick, Voyager 1, the Hues Corporation's bouncy song and the Milkshake blog together even remotely (very) is we do try to 'Rock the Boat' a little bit with our stylings. Ouch! That's a stretch. I know! Ok, Major stretch. Not even a segue really. But just give me this one tonight, okay guys? After all, it's Saturday night and I'm padding a little until tomorrow when it's Curiositys big night. BTW--you can go on twitter (twitter.com/marscuriosity) and get ongoing messages about the spaceship's happenings right up to the landing. I'm on twitter now and staying on 24-7 checking in occasionally watching the updates til the lander touches down Monday morn around 12:30 am. Last thing I want to ask........well I'd like to know where, you got the notion....so I'd like to know where, you got the notion....to....rock the boat.....

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes you just have to rock the boat.....baby

    ReplyDelete