Thursday, July 26, 2012

COUNTDOWN CLOCK SET ON 18 WEEKS FROM RIGHT NOW.....AND TICKING....LONG LIVE ROCK!!!

Sales to the general public for The Who begin Friday July 27. That's in a few hours! Call ticketmaster and battle for your seats. Good luck! And if you need help getting tickets there are probably some promotions running over at my good friends at WLS 94.7 in Chicago. Check out the Wild-Itralian Dick Biondi at 11 pm-2 am or stay up all nite and catch the morning show with Dave Fogel and Marti Jones at 5:30 am. Them's good people. Of course being an influential music industry and show biz type and heavy in the blogosphere gets you VIP treatment and an early shot at tickets so I had mine in hand many days ago. 'Who Are You' you're asking? Nobody special. Just a guy with a few connections but that's all I can say. Did I pay much? Well since I've been waiting my whole life to see The Who money is no object and "I Call That A Bargain....The Best I Ever Had!' Don't ask me more because, 'I Can't Explain.' But I have seats on the main floor (tho back in the shadows, but that's perfectly ok with me as I have good eyesight and can see for 'Miles and Miles and Miles and Miles and.......Miles......Oh ....Yeah!') I picked a vid that reminds me of listening to groups like The Who and CSNY and The KINKS that my older brother would play on his 8-track around '67-'68. This vid takes me back there. Also I kinda dig not only the kids hanging out but the boaters checking out the scene. "Hey, it's The Who. Let's paddle over and give a listen." That is the essence of groovy. I still remember the sadness when Keith passed in '79. And their 'last concert' in '83. And big John passing. But.....Long Live Rock. Long Live The Who. I am geeked to see The Who. I have waited more than 40 years to see them. This is a dream come true for me. GEEKED TO THE MAX is the only way to describe it! G-E-E-K-E-D! (Did someone say geeked?) Because I am. geeked. PS. The Who is coming. I have tickets. Just wanted to mention that.........................geeked.

No comments:

Post a Comment