Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Chronicles Of Spirit (bow wow wow yippee-yo-yippee-yay)

So it's been awhile but I spied him again. Spirit the wonder dog. (The hound with no collar, no leash, no master and no seemingly worries!) In our first episode more than a month ago I told you how he pushed open the door to the apartment building. Showing a mix of devil-may-care and independence. This time? I found him hanging out in the shade on the east side of Sheridan near a tall green wrought-iron fence bordering a yellow brick four story apartment building with two other doggie buddies leashed to their masters. These four-legged pals were laying down, tethered to their humans, who were chatting, while holding coffees in their hands. And our cool customer Spirit was just hanging there with them, standing back a bit, no owner, no leash, no collar, no tags, no problem. I still love this guy. Of course I had to move along with traffic. But tonight I stumbled upon the perfect groovin tune Atomic Dog from funkadelic cosmic pilot George Clinton. At about 35 seconds into the video there are three animated dogs dancing together and the one on the right kinda looks sorta like Spirit. Atomic Dog lives again right here on the Milkshake. Put the dog in ya! Is the dog in ya? Is the dog in me? Yeah the dog's in me! Okay!...Whatever! BTW--did anyone catch Futurama's Butterfly Effect episode last night? I thought it was the funniest one of the season. The jokes were terrific. I loved when Fry says "you think you get no attention, I can't even get Leela to verbally abuse me." Ahahahahah. Or as Kaahls would say: Very good indeed! Very very good yes yes. Very spiffy!

No comments:

Post a Comment