Sunday, July 29, 2012

Curious Curioso Curiosity

This seventh month in the year of our lord twenty-twelve has been one of the most fruitful in the Milkshake's brief three plus blog history. As we come near a close let me say that Spirit the wonder dog made yet another appearance the other day. This time I saw him just briefly as I passed by a corner on Sheridan Road and he was standing proudly at attention (no collar, no leash, no master but his own self--as usual) and he was right next to an elderly gentleman leaning into a walker, sporting a nice suit and awaiting the streetlight to change. Spirit waited with him. Neither man nor noble dog looked at each other. That was the vignette as I motored past on my merry way northward. I saw nothing more. Did he cross the old man? Did he stay put? Did he 360 and head off on his own? Your guess....
In other news....with Clint Eastwood announcing a new movie, this time about baseball, I decided to post a few images of his Dirt Harry series. Maybe you noticed they were all on in a row the other night. That was sweet. Dirt Harry rolled out in 1971 followed by '73's Magnum Force, '76's The Enforcer, '83's Sudden Impact and ending with the Dead Pool in '88. I kinda wish he'd resurrect the character a couple more times but I don't think he'll do it. Factillium: according to IMDB.com both Paul Newman and Steve McQueen turned down the Harry Callahan role before Clint took it to the bank.....In more news....some of you missed the Dare Bold Things clip about the Curiosity Rover from NASA played on here a few weeks ago and some missed the Kaahls and Yaahls Show (they mention it too) also shown on here a couple weeks ago so we are going to replay both. Check back Monday and Tuesday. It's only about a week until the Curiosity Rover will be landing on Mars, an event that will push the limits of human achievement. As Dirty Harry would say: "Go-Hed, Make my Day." ....It will!

No comments:

Post a Comment